Tips If You Suspect Mold
If you suspect visible mold, do not disturb it. You can unintentionally spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
Do's (What to do)
- Stay out of the affected area.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Tracy for mold remediation services.
Don'ts (What Not To Do)
- Don't touch or disturb the mold.
- Don't blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don't attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, expertise to remediate the mold.
Appliances Failures and Water Damages
One of the biggest problems a home has from flooding is due to appliances. Yes, common household appliances are the main culprit behind most of the water damages. The appliances are meant to make our life easier. But, they are prone to leaks at some point if they are not caught early on. Here's a few things you should remember to do often to prevent water damages caused by the appliances.
If you notice water pooling below your kitchen refrigerator, you most likely either have a water line that is leaking or a freezer that is not cold enough. Check the bottom of your freezer to see if there is standing water or ice forming. As the water or ice forms, it can melt and leak every time you open the freezer. If you don’t find ice or water forming at the bottom of your freezer, you may have a water line that is loose or leaking.
The water line is used to make ice and sometimes provide water in the refrigerator door. The line is usually located in the back of the refrigerator and can be knocked causing a slow leak. It’s a good idea to occasionally check around your refrigerator for standing water and fix the problem before the water gets worse or causes damage to your floors.
Much like your refrigerator, a dishwasher can leak water for a while until it is discovered. The water line and/or the drain to the dishwasher is usually connected at the back of the dishwasher and any leaks could take weeks or months to appear. While you can’t do anything about hidden leaks, the other commonplace that a dishwasher leaks is around the door. If the seals around the door have been cracked or compromised, water can leak out while it is running and pool below the dishwasher.
It’s always a good idea to check on a regular basis around the bottom of your dishwasher for any standing water or signs of water. If you do find any signs, you can then further investigate to determine if it’s around the door or if it’s coming from the water or drainage line hidden behind your dishwasher.
The washing machine is no exception to leaking, with its water intake and water drainage. Water can also leak out around the door of the washing machine from old or damaged seals. Just like your dishwasher, it’s important to regularly check around your washing machine for any signs of water leakage. Check the water hookup, water drainage, and around the door for signs of water.
The last common source of water damage in homes is the air conditioner. Whether you have a central air conditioner or window ac units, they both can cause water to leak and damage your home. In both systems, the air conditioner typically creates a lot of condensation when running in the hot summer. This condensation is usually gathered in a pan where it then drains outside or into a drain. If the drain becomes clogged, the water in the pan can overflow and drip inside your home or into other parts of the air conditioner where it can promote mold growth.
If you notice your vents are blowing air that smells moldy or like a damp basement, then you need to check for standing water or mold growth around the blower, filter, and cooling coils of the unit. You might also find water dripping or pooling around the unit. Again, just like your other appliances, it’s a good idea to regularly check your air conditioner as well as maintain it.
If you experience any water damage to your home or office then give us a call at SERVPRO of Tracy at 209-834-0200. We are here for you 24/7 and 365.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
Fire in house is the owner’s worst nightmare. Just the thought of most of the house stuff going up in flames is enough to make most people’s skin crawl. But a faster response is the key to help prevent further damage and reduce the restoration cost. Damage from water is also common in the event of a fire, as the fire department will have to douse your home when putting out the fire. SERVPRO of Tracy specializes in both fire and water damage restoration. Our goal is to restore your home to pre-fire condition and make it “ Like it never even happened.”
The following strategy is followed by SERVPRO of Tracy in order to achieve its goal.
Initial Inspection: The very first step is the initial inspection by our team. They inspect not only the immediate affected area but also the adjacent rooms or areas to see how far the smoke and soot has travelled. All this information is used to create a plan, cost estimate and time frame for the cleanup process.
Removing Debris and Safeguarding Property: Once the initial assessment is finished, we begin clearing out the debris from the property. If the doors, windows or ceilings were compromised by the fire, our team will use tarps or boardups to secure them before they move on with any other cleanup efforts.
Restoration of Belongings and Furniture: Then the next step will be restoring the valuable items and belongings. Our team will make list of inventory of what is salvageable and what isn’t. The restorable items get a detailed cleaning. Some of the items are packed and moved out to warehouse for special cleaning.
Deodorizing : To neutralize the odor particles in the porous and non porous surfaces, the following methods are used for deodorizing.
- EPA registered cleaning agent.
- Air Scrubbers with HEPA filtration.
- ULV Ultra-Low Volume fogging equipment.
- Hydroxyl Generator
- Ozone equipment.
If your home or business has fire damage, you can count on SERVPRO of Tracy, we are always ready to help you.
Floors and Surrounding Area
SERVPRO of Tracy responds to emergency bio cleanup for shooting incident around Midnight, or SERVPRO of Tracy Biological Team respond immediately and asked the business owner if site is released by law informant? We want to make sure afterwards we cleanup ,no evidence left behind, looking "Like it never even happened." Customer told us to come and clean up as he did not want the Business interruption for too long ,our Professional team act immediately and arrange for cleanup ,as per Confidentially we are unable to go for all the details , But customer said wow when they returned to site they say seen it never even happened.our professional team of 3 with Full PPE not impressed to customer but surprised them self after they took final pictures
Fire soot Cleanup and inventory of Total Loss
Total loss inventory and estimate
Our SERVPRO OF TRACY professional team response to fire job cause by empty field grass fire almost entire house approximately 3200 sq feet contents affected with soot and odor. Insurance company asked us to do do Total loss inventory and estimate for salvageable contents cleanup estimate.SERVPRO OF TRACY inventory team professional perform the inspection and provided estimate with pictures , makes models , age or other necessary information needed by insurance adjuster. Our team members are trained to ask right questions to customer if they like to save the sentimental items ,old pictures to restore .our team members trained to find and secure jewelry and heirloom from outside looters and mischievous people break in during the process of fire damage cleanup.our trained team members understand to save customer time and money to provide them quick results to process the job faster.Customer and insurance adjuster both had clear pictures with our professional report and very less chances for any litigation between insured and insurance.
Water,Mold,Bio and general cleanup
Trusted vendor for commercial management company Handing over Keys
SERVPRO OF TRACY is trusted BY Local Commercial property management company for more than 15 years. An owner handing over the keys of their building is a sign of trust, and one that we are honored to have. Each time an owner does this, they understand that with it comes our team, SERVPRO OF TRACY. We are hardworking team members who strive for honesty and professional work. Our goal is to deliver on time, every time. We always want to over promise and over deliver. That's why professional medical building tenants directly call us.
We did cleanup for dentist suites, surgery centers, hospitality offices, and all other common areas for flood, mold, or bio needs. Our professional SERVPRO OF TRACY team members always ready to help any kind of mold, fire, water, bio cleanup job and light construction need when needed. Our Moto is over promised over delivered all the time. Please call our professional team at 209-834-0200 for service.
Common Causes of HOUSE FIRE....
SERVPRO of Tracy would like to let you and your family to know the common causes of fires.
Here are 5 Leading Causes of House Fires...
- 48% of all fires are caused by cooking.
- Remember to turn off source of heat.
- Have a fire extinguisher on hand.
- Do not put anything close to the heater.
- Follow guidelines on how the heater can run.
- Electrical Fires
- Make sure fireplaces and lighting are up to code and are safe.
- Ensure alarms are replaced.
- Never lay cigarettes, cigars, etc., down and forget about them.
- Smoke outside to avoid any potential fires related to dropping or forgetting about the item.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- All materials should remain 12 inches away from all candles.
These are just some tips in order to prevent fires. SERVPRO of Tracy keeps your safety a priority and we hope you and family values that as well. Other things to have in place is a route for you and your family if there ever was a fire. Also, everyone in your family should know the route and plan in place. IF there is a fire in your home, call SERVPRO of Tracy at 209-834-0200.
Be Safe and Enjoy This Holiday Season..
Be Safe and Enjoy This Holiday Season from SERVPRO of Tracy Team.
SERVPRO Of Tracy Holiday Safety Tips...
We at SERVPRO of Tracy, have Holiday Safety Tips. If your home or business, like millions of us in the United States, includes a Christmas tree and festive holiday decorations, like shown in this picture. You should be aware that the breathtaking beauty of this decorations also comes with a fire risk. That is why we SERVPRO of Tracy, are offering helpful tips to people as we come closer to one of the biggest holidays of the year!
The following are some tips for individuals to consider when putting up and maintaining their holiday decorations this December, like you see in this picture:
- Do not overload power outlets with holiday lights. Pay close attention to the
manufacturer's instructions on the number of lights you can string together.
- Consider using battery-operated flameless candles.
- Be careful not to splatter wax when extinguishing a candle.
- Use flashlights instead of candles for emergency lighting.
- Do not purchase a Christmas tree that is dry or dropping needles excessively.
Be sure to water your Christmas tree regularly.
- Do not use strings of lights that are worn, frayed, manually spliced, or broken.
- If you purchase an artificial tree, be sure it is labeled fire-retardant.
- Do not link more than three light strands unless the directions indicate it is safe.
Connect strings of lights to an extension cord before plugging the cord into the outlet. Be sure to periodically check the wires; they should not be warm to the touch.
If a fire, storm or water disaster does strike your home, SERVPRO of Tracy offers services to help people quickly recover and restore any damaged property. Within four hours of the initial notification, SERVPRO of Tracy team will be on-site to start the mitigation process.
Be safe and enjoy your Holidays, like this picture, from SERVPRO of Tracy - Call us at 209-834-0200....
SERVICES SERVPRO of Tracy Offers:-
SERVPRO of Tracy have the unique ability to help property owners in a variety of ways to detect water leakage. You may think that water damage only occurs in your home or workplace after a storm, but actually most water damage calls that we respond to come from appliances that we use on a daily basis.
SERVICES SERVPRO OF TRACY OFFERS:-
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Advance Water Extraction & Drying Equipment
- Residential or Commercial
- Carpet Cleaning
- Water Damage Clean Up/ Restoration
- Fire Damage Clean Up/ Restoration
- Storm Damage Clean Up/ Restoration
- Bio Hazard CSI Clean Up/ Restoration
- Mold Remediation Clean Up/ Restoration
- Highly Trained Technicians
- Tile/Grout Cleaning
- Content Cleaning
- Pack out/ Pack back
- Sewage Clean-up
- Board Up
- Drywall Removal
- HVAC Services
- Move Out
- Temporary Warehouse Space
We cover Tracy, Manteca, Ripon, Holt, Lathrop, Carbona, Banta, Gustine, Mountain House and any surrounding areas.
Call SERVPRO of Tracy Team at 209-834-0200 if you or your business need any of our services..
Why YOU Should Recycle...
What YOU Should Recycle...
SERVPRO of Tracy has some insight on recycling waste.
- Americans throw away 25,000,000 plastic beverage bottles every hour.
- The United States of America is the #1 trash-producing country in the world at 1,609 pounds per person per year. This means that 5% of the world's people generate 40% of the world's waste.
- Americans toss out enough aluminum every 3 months to rebuild our entire commercial air fleet.
- The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood, and other products made from trees. This amounts to about 2 billion trees per year.
- Every month, we throw out enough glass bottles and jars to fill up a giant skyscraper.
- Manufacturers produce more than 15 million tons of expanded polystyrene (aka, StyrofoamTM) each year, but we recycle less than 1% of it.
- According to the EPA, yard trimmings and food residuals together constitute 24% of the U.S. municipal solid waste stream.
- The US population discards each year 16 billion diapers, 1.6 billion pens, 2 billion razor blades, and 220 million car tires each year.
Recycling & Energy
- Recycling aluminum requires 95% less energy than making aluminum from raw materials, and produces 95% less air pollution and 97% less water pollution.
- Only 10% of the 140.3 million cell phones retired in 2007 were recycled. If we recycled all of the cell phones retired each year, we would save enough energy to power 18,500 homes for a year.
- Recycling one million laptops saves enough energy to power 3,657 American homes in a year.
- Recycling paper takes 60% less energy than making paper form raw materials.
- Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as burning it in an incinerator.
- Recycling plastic takes 88% less energy than making plastic from raw materials.
- Over a ton of natural resources are conserved for every ton of glass recycled, including 1,300 pounds of sand, 410 pounds of soda ash, 380 pounds of limestone, and 160 pounds of feldspar. Source: Keep America Beautiful.
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can run a 100-watt light bulb for four hours. It also causes 20% less air pollution and 50% less water pollution than when a new bottle is made from raw materials.
Any job is not too big or small for any kinds of water damage. SERVPRO of Tracy has the tools for your needs. Call 209-834-0200.