Emergency Water Damage Tips
Nobody wants to think about having a water damage to deal with when coming home from work, vacation or any daily activity. The first 24 hours following a waters loss are the most important hours in preventing any further damage. Here are few tips to follow if you arrive at home and find unexpected water in your home:
- Shut off the water source if possible, or call a professional to stop the water source.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other valuable items to a dry place.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, this could cause electrical shock or damage to the device.
We hope that you found these tips helpful!
SERVPRO of Tracy is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week emergency service professionals always looking out for the best interest of our customers.
Please call SERVPRO of Tracy for all of your water damage needs.