Be Safe and Enjoy This Holiday Season..
SERVPRO Of Tracy Holiday Safety Tips...
We at SERVPRO of Tracy, have Holiday Safety Tips. If your home or business, like millions of us in the United States, includes a Christmas tree and festive holiday decorations, like shown in this picture. You should be aware that the breathtaking beauty of this decorations also comes with a fire risk. That is why we SERVPRO of Tracy, are offering helpful tips to people as we come closer to one of the biggest holidays of the year!
The following are some tips for individuals to consider when putting up and maintaining their holiday decorations this December, like you see in this picture:
- Do not overload power outlets with holiday lights. Pay close attention to the
manufacturer's instructions on the number of lights you can string together.
- Consider using battery-operated flameless candles.
- Be careful not to splatter wax when extinguishing a candle.
- Use flashlights instead of candles for emergency lighting.
- Do not purchase a Christmas tree that is dry or dropping needles excessively.
Be sure to water your Christmas tree regularly.
- Do not use strings of lights that are worn, frayed, manually spliced, or broken.
- If you purchase an artificial tree, be sure it is labeled fire-retardant.
- Do not link more than three light strands unless the directions indicate it is safe.
Connect strings of lights to an extension cord before plugging the cord into the outlet. Be sure to periodically check the wires; they should not be warm to the touch.
If a fire, storm or water disaster does strike your home, SERVPRO of Tracy offers services to help people quickly recover and restore any damaged property. Within four hours of the initial notification, SERVPRO of Tracy team will be on-site to start the mitigation process.
Be safe and enjoy your Holidays, like this picture, from SERVPRO of Tracy - Call us at 209-834-0200....