Tips to Prevent Kitchen Fires...
Did you know....
A majority of fire that take place in home begins in the kitchen??...
Labor Day and the holiday season is approaching, which means that many of us will be spending a lot more time in the kitchen. This also means that, with every pumpkin pie and each batch of Christmas cookies you make, there is a greater risk of a fire emergency.
Besides from calling 9-1-1, which should be one of your first moves, here are some quick tips for dealing with a fire emergency in your kitchen.
- Always watch your cooking; don't leave anything unattended
- Set a timer so that you don't accidentally burn something or forget that an appliance is being used
- If something on the stove catches on fire and it is small, cover it with a lid and turn off the burner
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen near your cooking area where it is easily accessible
- Add Baking Soda to a grease fire, - not water
- Clean your appliances regularly so that grease does not accumulate and start a fire
- Clean and dust around and behind appliances, as dust accumulation can cause fires if it is close to electrical wiring
- Keep flammable objects away from cooking appliances, especially those things like tea towels and potholders
- Install a smoke alarm in your kitchen
- Test your smoke alarms and make sure they will work when you most need them!
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services:
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires an unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. SERVPRO of Tracy have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Keep these quick tips in mind, and prevent a major fire damage emergency from taking place in your home this season!
Call SERVPRO of Tracy if you have any questions: 209-834-0200